About Dr Looi Kok Poh, Doctor Looi Kok Poh
Doctor Looi Kok Poh (Dr Looi Kok Poh) also commonly known as Dr Looi KP, or Dr KP Looi, is a prominent Orthopedic Hand & Wrist as well as Reconstructive Microvascular Surgeon in Singapore.
Dr Looi Kok Poh’s medical clinic, Hand Wrist and Microsurgery Centre, is located in Gleneagles Medical Centre.
Doctor Looi Kok Poh is a visiting consultant to the Department of Hand & Reconstructive Microsurgery at the NUH, where he educate other medical professionals and also treat clients.
Dr Looi Kok Poh also presently serves as the Chairman of Wrist Interest Group of the Singapore Society for Hand Surgery. He has also served as the past President of the Singapore Society for Hand Surgery.
Dr Looi regularly speaks at both local, regional and international seminars. Many of his academic research study were featured in numerous publications.
Dr Looi is also involved in ongoing National Medical Study Council funded research projects with the National Teaching Hospital.
Dr KP Looi continuously provide up-to-date medical care for patients in the area around Orthopedic, Hand, Wrist and Reconstructive Microsurgical conditions.
Dr Looi Kok Poh Qualification & Awards
Doctor Looi Kok Poh graduated from the National University of Singapore. After finishing his basic medical and surgical degrees in Singapore, Dr Looi advanced to become a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 1994 and enhanced his training at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA, and fine-tuned his surgical skills in Orthopedic, Hand, Wrist and Microsurgery with numerous noteworthy surgeons all over the world.
Dr Looi was awarded with numerous scholarships and won prestigious awards such as the NUH Young Doctors Award of 2000. Dr KP Looi was also the winner of the Youthful Orthopedic Surgeon Award of 2000. Dr Looi acted as the SOA ambassador to HKOA in 2000.
Reviews on Doctor Looi Kok Poh
“I suffered a serious hand injury while playing sport and was admitted to the emergency room at gleneagles hospital……..The specific care and rehabilitative understanding that a sportsman/woman requires is particularly important. In my opinion, Dr Looi is a highly skilled and diligent surgeon…” – Oliver Hall
“End of March 2008 I had an accident with a glass bathroom screen. I had an arterial bleeding and lots of cuts on my left arm and wrist. Dr Looi KP examined my hand again and decided that he needed to operate because the tendon that moves the thumb was torn because of the glass impact…..” – Mrs. Hetty Vosselman
Dr Looi Kok Poh’s Academic Work
1. Looi KP, Yap YM, Low CK. Extraarticular pigmented villonodular synovitis of the tendoachilles: A unique case. Ann Acad Med Singapore 28: 602-4, 1999.
2. Looi KP, Teh M, Pho RWH. An unusual case of multiple recurrence of glomangioma. Journal Hand Surgery 24(B): 3: 387-389,1999
3. Low CK and Looi KP; Ilizarov’s Technique Used To Expand Skin From Groin Flap.Journal of Hand Surgery 24(B): 3: 361-362,1999
4. Looi KP, Chia CS, Kour AK, Pho RWH; Customized staples fixation for Hand and Wrist Fractures. Journal Hand Surgery 22(B): 6; 726-9, 1997
5. Looi KP, Lim CS, Ng BK; Gastric Stump Carcinoma: A Surgical Challenge. Singapore Medical Journal, 37(2) 184-5, Apr 1996
6. Peng YP, Looi KP, Low CK. Comparison of first carpometacarpal joint arthrodesis with contralateral excision arthroplasty in a patient with bilateral saddle joint arthritis: a case report. Ann Acad Medicine Singapore 28:451-4,1999
7. Kour AK, Looi KP, Pho RWH; Hand infections in patients with Diabetes. Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research (331): 238-44, 1996.
Dr Looi’s Teaching Faculty
1. Clinical Instructor, Mayo Graduate School.
2. Clinical teacher, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore
3. Instructor of the Advance Trauma Life Support Course
4. Teaching Faculty of the Annual Post-Graduate Orthopedic Course
5. Teaching Faculty of the Annual Comprehensive Hand Review Course
6. Teaching Faculty of the Annual Hand Occupational Therapy Seminar 2000
7. Teaching Faculty of the International Symposium on Stress and Stain Disorder: Prevention and Management.
8. Teaching Faculty of Annual General Practitioners Seminar organized by the association of general practitioner.